TERMS AND CONDITIONS (Revised OCT. 1, 2014)
Sales/Customer Service Hours
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Central Time, Monday - Friday
Toll Free: 800-966-0069
Local Phone: 847-795-9555
24 Hour Fax: 847-795-8770
24 Hour Email: See contact page to email your sales person
- Prices, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. General Cable standard terms and conditions of sale shall also apply; provided that, in the event of any conflict between such terms and the terms and conditions contained herein, the terms and conditions set forth herein shall prevail.
- Minimum order $250. Freight is pre-paid and allowed on orders greater than $3,500.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days. All orders received after this period are subject to review for acceptance.
- Quoted lead time is subject to change at the time of order entry. Lead time will be reconfirmed with customer at time of order entry. Stock is subject to prior sale. All material quoted must ship within 60 days after quoted lead time. Any requested ship date beyond these parameters will be subject to requote.
- Orders are subject to a shipping tolerance of +/- 10%. If cut charges apply, tolerance is +/- 0%.
- Payment terms are net 30 days unless otherwise agreed to by both parties prior to order entry.
- Non-standard/make order products:
- Special and custom-made products require a non-cancellable and Non-returnable purchase order. Customer must accept an order tolerance of +/- 10% on the overall quantity ordered.
- Material is to be supplied in the longest lengths possible on bulk cutting reels. Customer to accept all lengths generated.
- Delivery commitments are based upon the best information present at the time of quotation and/or time of order entry, but may change due to conditions beyond the company’s control.
- Minimum order quantities may apply per item per release. Distributed product order quantities and fees are subject to vendor requirements.
- Cutting charges: $25 per cut for all lengths, less than 1,000’.
- Paralleling: $50 per leg reel (including cut charge)
- Wood lagging: $250 per reel
- Return policy:
- Where approved by General Cable, standard stock items are returnable with a 25% restocking charge and freight prepaid by the buyer to General Cable’s selected location. All material must be returned undamaged, in original package and in resalable condition to be considered for full credit value.
- No product returns are accepted unless accompanied by a return goods authorization (RGA) issued by General Cable.
- All made to order and special/custom made products are non-returnable.
- All claims must be made within 30 days of shipment.
- All returns must be received within 30 days of the RGA issued date.
- Cancellations: all cancellations subject to General Cable approval and charges may be applied dependent upon the stage of work in progress and the financial implications of the manufacturing capacity reserved to produce the product up to 100% of the order value.
- General Cable warrants that all assemblies will be free of defect in material and workmanship for a period of 90 days. All cable will be free of defect in material and workmanship for a period of 10 years/25 years if registered. All distributed product will be warranted by the original manufacturer’s warranty provided there is one. Liability is limited to the repair and replacement of defective goods.
- Any required test reports must be made known at the time of quotation and at order placement; charges for test reports are as follows:
- Certificate of compliance: no charge
- (CET) Certified Electrical Test: $25 per line item; provided unaged electrical values
- (CTD) Certified Test Data: $250 per line item; provided unaged and aged electrical values
- Buyer acknowledges the goods and any technical data and information supplied by General Cable are subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. Where General Cable’s products will be exported from the United States, it is Buyer’s responsibility to comply with U.S. export administration regulations. Any diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited.